Linus Pauling's Regimen For Better Health
The measures that you take to improve your health and prolong your life should not be so burdensome and disagreeable as to interfere seriously with the quality of your life and make it difficult for you to continue with the regimen day after day, year after year. Compliance is very important. The regimen described in the following paragraphs is of such a mature that you should be able to adhere to it rigorously, day after day, for the rest of your life. The steps of the regimen are as follows:
1. Take vitamin C every day, 6 grams (g) to 18 g (6,000 to 18,00 milligrams [mg]) or more. Do not miss a single day.
2. Take vitamin E every day, 400 IU, 800 IU, or 1600 IU.
3. Take one or more Super-B tablets every day, to provide good amounts of the B vitamins.
4. Take a 25,000 IU vitamin A or a 15 mg, beta-carotene tablet every day.
5. Take a mineral supplement every day, such as one tablet of the Bronson Vitamin-Mineral Formula.
6. Keep your intake of ordinary sugar (sucrose, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey) to 50 pounds per year, which is half the present US average. Do not add sugar to tea or coffee. do not eat high-sugar foods. Avoid sweet desserts. Do not drink soft drinks.
7. Except for avoiding sugar, eat what you like-but not too much of any one food. Eggs and meat are good foods. Also, you should eat some vegetables and fruits. Do not eat so much food as to become obese.
8. Drink plenty of water every day.
9. Keep active; take some exercise. Do not at any time exert yourself physically to an extent far beyond what you are accustomed to.
10. Drink alcoholic beverages only in moderation.
11. DO NOT SMOKE CIGARETTES.
12. Avoid stress. Work at a job that you like. Be happy with your family.